Many of us when we start a new journey to health and wellness, we approach the change as a duty or another chore.
When we do this:
1. We start off with a negative view and limiting beliefs, which makes it harder for us to commit.
2. This view demolished any form of fun that we can adapt to the change and the journey can turn into a dreaded journey rather than an amazing life changing experience.
I suggest that prior to starting you ask yourself the following questions. Please note you are not limited to the following questions, however it is a great place to start.
1. How do I currently feel? ( energy level, strenth, mobility)
2. How do I want to feel?
3. What is my ultimate goal? (Future result)
4. How do I plan to get there? ( List of steps that you will take)
5. Is this journey for myself, or am I influenced by others? ( note, it is ok to be motivated by others, but it is unhealthy if your reason is seeking acceptance from others)
6. Is the journey short term or long?
7. What is my plan for when life obstacles get in the way? ( if you dont have one, plan how you will continue your journey regardless of the obstacle)
These questions are ment to guide you deeper into the reason why you desire to be healthy and fit. At times we may stay on the surface with our desire, ex. I want to loose weight to fit in my old jeans. Surface reasons won’t get us far in our journey, once the goal is obtained we stop our routines and celebrate the success, which is great however we can’t forget that their will be maintenance needed maintain our current goals. Think about it this way after you’ve reached your goal you may feel better and have much more energy, sleep well, it’s easier for you to keep up with my daily demands. It’s important to focus not only on your goal but your maintenance as well, which will allow you to continue to experience those results over a longer period of time. Eventually those changes will turn into a common features of your life, hence the term lifestyle change. Having more energy, being able to sleep well and keep up with your daily demands are more tangible reasons to keep us moving forward, and eventually lead us to a totally committed life change.
This week take some time to answer the questions listed above and create short term and long term health and wellness goals.
It’s important to us here at The B.O.M.B Mentoring Group that we not only assist you with building strong businesse, we want to make sure that you remain healthy enough to maintain the businesses you’ve worked so hard to develop.
To your success,
Health and Wellness Director